The International Risk Podcast is tremendously proud of the impact that we have made in helping our listeners by providing quality services and exceptional service.
The International Risk Podcast and the International Security and Risk Podcast is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BY VISITING www.theinternationalriskpodcast.com (THE “WEBSITE”) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS NOTICE (INCLUDING AS UPDATED OR AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME). IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE, PLEASE STOP USING THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use the website or contact us by telephone, e-mail, social media, SMS, or through one of our apps, we may collect and process your “personal data”. This means any information which relates to you and/or information which can identify you. We may collect the following data about you:
Information that you give us.
The information that you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photographs, images and/or comments via:
- Forms filled out by you on the Website;
- Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Website registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on the Website;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey; and
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Website.
Information that we collect about you.
When you visit the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, country of origin, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse to and/or away from the page; and
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Website.
Information that we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST or the other services that THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST provides, including but not limited to test preparation. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data, that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Website.
- We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them including:
- business partners;
- sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services;
- advertising networks;
- web analytics providers;
- search information providers; and
- credit reference agencies.
Mobile and Location-based Services
- We may provide mobile apps that can be downloaded to smart phones. These apps have a variety of functionalities that enhance the user experience. In addition to providing services, our apps may collect personal and other information that will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. We provide a link to this notice to customers prior to their activation of any of our apps.
- Our Website, apps and/or mobile apps may use your device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) technology or other locations-based technologies to provide you with relevant location-based information. We may also share this information with third parties such as exam preparation providers. We will abide by your device’s settings when accessing any geo-location or other location based data.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information that you give to us.
We may use this information:
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To carry out our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or have ordered from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about. Where required by applicable law, we will seek your prior written consent before doing so;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To manage your access to the services;
- To allow you to interact with our Website, for example by posting comments;
- To answer enquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or services;
- To use your credit card information for payment processing and fraud prevention;
- To allow you to share information from our Website on third party social media platforms;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- To ensure the safety and security of our Website and of users of our Website; and
- Where we capture your image or voice at one of our events, we may use such images and recordings for promotional purposes on our social media channels, promotional videos and on our website.
The law allows us to use your personal information as set out above on the basis that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or we are acting in our “legitimate interests” in the promotion and efficient running of our business.
Promotional Email and Other Communications:
- We may use the said information to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- If you provided your email or mobile address for electronic newsletters, updates and promotional emails from THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST and its affiliates, you agree that we are authorized to send and you opt-in to receive informational and promotional emails and/or other communications to you. You are solely responsible for any data charges or other charges that may be applied by your wireless carrier for communications via those technologies.
- You may discontinue the receipt of future promotional emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions that are included in each promotional email.
The law allows us to use your personal information for marketing purposes on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so, or we have obtained your consent to send you such marketing communications.
Information that we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To ensure proper attribution for comments or postings that you may contribute to our Website;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and other devices on which you receive our content;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising that we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
The law allows us to use your personal information for these purposes on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so in ensuring that our Website is operational and effective, or in order to comply with our legal obligations.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine information from other sources with information that you give to us and information that we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST entity
The Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not allowed to submit any personally information to THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST. If you become aware that any child has submitted personal information to THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST, please inform us as soon as possible.
Where applicable under local law, you may, in certain circumstances:
- request a copy of the personal information held by THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST about you. Local law may enable us to charge a fee for this. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
- update, or request we update or correct, your information.
- (where you have consented to our processing your personal information), to withdraw such consent at any time.
- request us to port (that is, transmit) your personal information directly to another organization.
- request us to erase your personal information– this is known as the “right to be forgotten”.
- require us to stop processing your personal information.
- object to our processing your personal information for specific purposes, such as for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Have the right not to be subject to decisions taken solely on the basis of automated processing.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data or as set out in this privacy notice) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by:
- adjusting certain controls on the forms we use to collect your data, if such controls are available on such forms,
- by modifying your profile by logging in to www.THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST.org, which will include information on how to opt-in or opt-out of use of your information, or
- contacting us at THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST.
If you prefer not to receive marketing or promotional emails from THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST or the Website, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any promotional email that you receive from us. Please note that such requests may take up to ten business (10) days to become effective.
THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product-specific and service-specific information and also choose to receive THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST general communications. We give you a choice regarding delivery of THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST general communications by the communication means through which THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST may contact you, which may include postal mail, email, SMS, telephone, or mobile device.
You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications at the data collection point or by one of the other methods set out above. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings, or other administrative and transactional notices where the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
Subscription communications include email newsletters, member updates, job listings, daily news feeds and other types of information that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the methods set out above.
Enforcing your rights
If you wish to enforce any of your rights under applicable data protection laws, then please contact us. We will respond to your request without undue delay and by no later than one month from receipt of any such request, unless a longer period is permitted by applicable data protection laws, and we may charge a reasonable fee for dealing with your request which we will notify to you. Please note that we will only charge a fee where we are permitted to do so by applicable data protection laws.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to it.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and must be sent to THE INTERNATIONAL RISK PODCAST.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
When you visit our Website you consent to our use of these cookies.
Below we explain the different types of Cookies that may be used on the Website.
- Required Cookies Required Cookies are necessary for the Website to work, and enable you to move around it and use the services and features. Disabling these Cookies may encumber the Website’s performance, and may make the services and features unavailable.
- Functional Cookies We use Functional Cookies to save your settings on the Website—settings such as your language preference, or other information you have previously used when registering with us. We also use Functional Cookies to store such things as the last search, etc., so you can easily find it the next time you visit. Some Functional Cookies are essential to viewing maps or videos on our Website. We also use “Flash Cookies” for some of our content.
We distinguish between session Cookies and persistent Cookies.
- Session Cookies. These types of Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session, and are deleted from your device when you close the browser. We use session Cookies to support the functionality of the Website and to understand your use of the Website—that is, which pages you visit, which links you use and how long you stay on each page.
- Persistent Cookies. These types of Cookies are not deleted when you close your browser, but are saved on your device for a fixed period of time or until you delete them. Each time you visit the Website, the server that set the Cookie will recognize the persistent Cookie saved on your device. We and others use persistent Cookies to store your preferences, so that they are available for your next visit, to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Website, how often you return, how your use of the Website may vary over time and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other technologies may also be used, allowing us and third parties to know when you visit the Website, and to understand how you interact with emails or advertisements. Through other technologies, non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. Note that, to the extent information collected through Cookies and the said other information constitutes personal information, the provisions in the Privacy Notice apply and complement this Policy.
If you want to delete or disable any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the instructions of your file management software to locate the file and directory that stores cookies. You may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website, including certain personalized features, if you delete or disable cookies.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on the Website, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
For more information on how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may change and update our list of cookies (or similar technologies) from time to time. If you use our cookies (or similar technologies) after we have published these changes, you will be agreeing to be bound by those changes. If you do not consent to the use of the cookies (or similar technologies) at any time, please see above on how to disable cookies.